Our World is Changing – We’re Evolving
Find out how the Bladder & Bowel Community is Embracing Change
Here at Bladder and Bowel Community, we’ve been looking to the future to see how we can help do our bit to protect our community and planet. We realise that whilst we are all desperate to get back to safely being in close contact with our family and friends that for a while the need to socially distance will be our new normal.
After nearly a year of living with the Covid-19 pandemic, as with many organisations we’ve had to learn to adapt to be able to continue to survive in these uncertain times.
So for us, this has meant working differently as a team in the comfort of our home and in some cases a cat/dog on each foot continuing to work hard at making sure we can serve the community.
If the pandemic has taught us anything, it is that in order to truly survive we need to learn to evolve and as a human race we’ve had to develop ways of communicating from afar in order to protect ourselves and others from harm.
Over the course of the past year we have…
- Worked closely with our community in order to improve our services including providing extra support to members of our closed Facebook group
- Continued to provide ‘Just Can’t Wait’ cards to those in need during Lockdown
- Worked tirelessly to make sure our home delivery service were able to provide stoma and catheter supplies on time to our customers
- Spent more time connecting with our members through social media and with key influencers to raise awareness of what Bladder and Bowel Community can do
- Launched new initiatives such as our Continence Advice Service so that we can help to virtually support those with continence issues
We’re proud of what we have achieved during the Lockdowns but we now have a new focus. We’re preparing for our eventual release from lockdown and thinking about what we can learn from the pandemic to help us all have a brighter future. Of course we’re continuing to support our community world-wide, but soon with a stronger environmental focus.
Our aim is to be kinder to the planet and we are looking at how we can reduce our carbon footprint and our plastic waste.
This means that some changes will be happening within our core services. We’re really excited about what this will bring and soon we will be revealing more.
Keep a look out for further announcements…
Times are changing and so are we.