A free and comprehensive guide to catheter care, available in an easy to use format. Essential guidance for users and carers, on how to live comfortably when using a catheter.
Download Your Guide
Handy Download Guide
This handy guide offers a plethora of information about catheter care, including questions such as “Why does the bladder fail to empty fully?”, “Why is it important to address the problem early?”, and “When should I call a healthcare professional for support?”
It is essential to seek advice and support as soon as any problem arises, to avoid potential damage to the kidneys and / or bladder. Serious, even life-threatening consequences can also develop which is why early treatment and professional guidance is recommended.
What else is included in the Catheter Care Guide?
- How a catheter works, how it is inserted for use and how to manage it.
- The two main types of urinary catheter: single-use, and continuous indwelling drainage.
- Essential hygiene information for users and carers.
- Information on how to access the original “Just Can’t Wait Toilet Card”, which is essential when travelling and going about your daily business.
Includes Printable Resources:
- Fluid matrix for optimum daily fluid intake for your body
- Urine measurement chart to help determine which size of drainage bags are suitable for you.
Additional essential advice is also given on living comfortably with a catheter, including how to take care of yourself, going on holiday, a list of emergency equipment stock to keep at home, and dealing with common catheter problems that can arise.