Welcome to the surgical treatments section where you can find information about some of the surgical options available to treat bladder and bowel conditions
Here you will find advice on:
- Surgery to treat bladder incontinence
- Surgery to treat bowel incontinence
- Surgery to treat Prostate problems
- How botox can be used to treat some bladder and bowel disorders
- Surgery to treat bladder, bowel and prostate cancers
- Surgery to treat Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
Surgical treatments may be offered to you if your bladder or bowel condition is severe, conservative and medicinal treatments haven’t made enough of an improvement and your condition is having a significant impact on your life.
Many bladder and bowel conditions can be treated using a less invasive method such as botox treatments or via a laparotomy (keyhole surgery) for a quicker recovery. There are many methods available to treat a condition and your surgeon will be able to advise on the best route for you.
Please note that the information contained within these pages are a guide only. Your GP will be able to advise on the best methods of treatment for your condition. Please speak to your GP or Healthcare Practitioner before undertaking any of these treatments.